Over the years several architectural firms and companies have cooperated with us on teaching. We are very open to many types of cooperation and appreciate serious and substantial suggestions from external organisations, institutions, companies and non-profit organisations.
We find that it is important to establish a cooperation where both students and external partners gain new knowledge. And we appreciate our students’ being approached with a practice-based understanding of the complexity in which projects are developed, and we often have design companies contributing to the teaching we offer to our design students.
Examples of teaching collaborations:
- Students rethink light rail stops (A collaboration with Aarhus Municipality)
- Resilient Vejle (Master students collaborate with the city of Vejle on examining how the city can adapt to changing environmental conditions)
- Transformation of Abandonment (Collaboration between PhD Fellow Mo Michelsen Stochholm Krag and Thisted Municipality on transforming abandoned buildings)
- Design Realisation (Course for master students with external supervisors)
- Bachelorpraktik (All bachelor students will do a 3-week internship in collaboration with companies, municipalities, architectural firms, housing associations and developers)
- Internship on the Master (Master students can do an internship in Denmark or abroad)
- Continuing education programme +2 (In collaboration with Danske Arkitektvirksomheder, FAOD, KADK and Arekitekforeningen)
- Summer School (E.g. the summer school course Rethinking Patterns: Moving towards Heterogenic Structures in collaboration with AA_Aarhus Visiting School)
- On demand courses (tailor-made courses and professional upgrading on demand)
If your company or organisation is interested in cooperating with us on teaching or to learn more about what is going on at the school, we would like to hear from you.