The business world and the public sector
Research at Aarhus School of Architecture is, to a large extent, practice-oriented and user involving. We see strategic and often cross-disciplinary research collaboration with business and industry and public bodies as important and value-creating.
If you would like to enter into a research collaboration with Aarhus School of Architecture, we need to be able to relate your project to the School’s focus areas in research and adhere to our Code of Conduct. It is important to us that your proposal is relevant and benefits you as well as us and that the project has a significant development or research potential.
We do not take on assignments for private individuals.
Research partnerships may, for instance, be about developing knowledge, surveys and mapping, pilot projects or experiments and future scenarios.
If you want to discuss an idea for research collaboration, feel free to contact teaching associate professor Anne Mette Boye.
Examples of research collaboration:
- A Structural Image of East Jutland – A collaboration with Business Region Aarhus, The Triangle Region, and Realdania on the development of a professional foundation for resilient regional urbanization.
- Modular Systems in Building Cultural Heritage – A partnership with Faaborg-Midtfyn Municipality on testing new methods for transforming empty buildings worthy of preservation for new uses.
- Rethinking Tourism in a Coastal City – A demo project carried out in collaboration with Ringkøbing-Skjern Municipality on using architecture to influence tourism through improved everyday experiences.
- Research Live – A collaboration with the department for waste and heating of Aarhus Municipality on incorporating technical facilities in the cityscape.
- Landskabslaboratoriet Eskelund – A research and teaching collaboration involving Aarhus Municipality and other research institutions with a focus on developing ‘urban nature’.
Exchanges with other academic research institutions are indispensable for continuing to develop our research and we place a great emphasis on international research networks.
Researchers exchange knowledge through international conferences and mutual visits. Aarhus School of Architecture, however, also participates in more formalised collaboration and networks focusing on research methods or specific research questions related to architecture.
Examples of international research collaboration
- Atmospheres in the Urban Anthropocene – An interdisciplinary research network on the urban dweller’s emotional understanding of the connection between local activities and the global climate.
- CA2RE+ – A collaboration on artistic doctoral training in the creative disciplines involving institutions within architecture, design and the arts.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN