The Dialogue Forum for Architectural Education and Practice (DAP) at Aarhus School of Architecture strengthens the dialogue and ensure an even better knowledge exchange between the school and current as well as potential employers of the school’s graduates.
DAP will be a sounding board for the school’s management on the quality and relevance of the education, the skills of our graduates, and the conditions of the labour market – thereby contributing to the development of the education.
How the forum is organised
DAP consists of five to seven external members, who in various ways represent the employers of graduates from Aarhus School of Architecture. Together, the members will reflect the breadth and diversity of the labour market – from small to medium-sized companies to larger companies and the public labour market; from well-known architectural practices to the companies where the architects of tomorrow will be working. The members must have experience with and insight into the school’s educational areas, experience collaborating with the school’s graduates, and experience employing graduates from our school. The members are appointed based on their experience from and knowledge of the current and future labour market for architects, including the local/regional, national and, preferably, international labour market.
The following are external members of DAP:
- Kolja Nielsen, managing director and partner in CEBRA (appointed by The Danish Association of Architectural Firms)
- Katja Viltoft, partner of JJW architects, chairman of The Danish Association of Architectural Firms (appointed by The Danish Association of Architectural Firms)
- Michael Reventlow-Mourier, senior director, Rambøll Danmark (appointed by DI)
- Arne Becker, group managing director of MT Højgaard (appointed by DI)
- Jens Skinnebach, head of department of A. Enggaard (appointed by Aarhus School of Architecture)
- Thina Wallin Jensen, plan manager, Aalborg Municipality (appointed by KTC’s expert group for urban planning)
- Mette Baarup, partner and competition manager (appointed by The Architecture Project)
DAP holds two to three annual theme-based dialogue meetings.