Join us for a series of mini-lectures on sustainable architecture every last Thursday of the month from 15-17:00 in the Didaktek.
The lectures hold a debating session where the lecturer, tutors, and audience rearrange themselves in a non-hierarchical setup, providing spatial and technical conditions for physical and digital participation.
The aim is to challenge rituals of knowledge exchange by transforming them into an inclusive and multifocal experience in which attendees become contributors.
The lectures present guests from all over the world with different approaches to sustainable architecture. Their work engages with sustainable development challenges, climate activism, finite resources, ecology, contextual design, non-anthropocentric paradigms, or social equality and inclusivity.
- Talk 1. REBEL: Santiago Cirugeda (ES) – 30 September 2021
- Talk 2. RETHINK: ROTOR (BE) 28 October 2021
- Talk 3. BOTTOM (UP): Leapfrogprojects (FI) 25 November 2021
- Talk 4. INGRAINED: Rural Urban Framework (HK) – 16 December 2021
- Talk 5. The students’ choice – 27 January 2021
- Talk 6. ESSENTIAL: Eko Prawoto (ID) 24 February 2022
- Talk 7. ROOTS: Footprints EARTH – Yatin Pandya (IN) 30 March 2022
- Talk 8. MILITANT: Riwaq (PS) – 28 April 2022
- Talk 9. INSTIGATOR: Leslie Lokko (UK) – 19 May 2022
- Talk 10. The students’ choice. 23 June 2022
*The schedule can slightly change as we are still confirming the guests’ participation for the spring semester.
The lecture series is arranged by Teaching Programme 3 & Research Lab 3: Radical Sustainable Architecture.