Architecture, design, and art
- Building Types Online: Database that comprises the knowledge and content of selected Birkhäuser manuals in typological order. The approximately 850 case studies are documented with texts by authors who are experts in their fields and include around 5000 architectural drawings of high quality as well as 2000 photographs of the buildings. Access only at Aarhus School of Architecture or with VPN.
- Dansk Byggeskik.dk: Portal covering building technique and materials used in the construction of housing in Denmark in the time between 1850 and 2000, with the main focus on apartment buildings (in Danish).
- FurnitureIndex: Provides searchable information about and images of more than 10.000 pieces of Danish furniture from the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Minejendom.net: Archive of Aarhus Municipality’s property documents. Here you can find plans, sections, and facades, information about oil tanks, geothermal heating systems, balconies, garages, etc. For some larger projects, you can also find fire strategies, as well as energy and statistical calculations (in Danish).
- Weilbach – The Danish Art Encyclopedia
- Byggedata: Database of Danish building data (in Danish).
- Retsinformation: Database of Danish law information (in Danish)
Materials and suppliers
- HfB – Handbook for the building industry: Database of current building information, where you can find product information and building solutions (in Danish).
- Materia: Global network in the area of innovative materials.
- MLAB: The school’s material collection.
- GAISMA: Provides worldwide sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk times for the whole year (graphs), as well as day length and changes in day lengths (tables), and solar energy and surface meteorology data.
- Lysviden.dk: Interdisciplinary internet based teaching material covering all aspects of light and lighting (in Danish).
- Ordbogen.com: Online dictionary. The school provides access to Danish/English and English/Danish.
Access only at Aarhus School of Architecture or with VPN.
- Ordnet.dk: Online access to The Danish Dictionary, which covers the modern Danish language from 1950 and forward and Dictionary of the Danish Language, which is a historical dictionary covering Danish word usage from 1700-1950.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN