That is why we invite you to this masterclass, which will be about the design of sustainable ways of living.
The following topics will be included:
– Construction within the planetary limits and absolute sustainability
– Sustainability, ethics, and aesthetics
– Interdisciplinary collaboration and co-creation
– Introduction to tools for assessing a building’s climate footprint in the early design phase
You will gain knowledge and skills within:
– Planetary boundaries and their importance for the construction sector
– Application and interpretation of LCA analyses
– Interaction between materials, energy, and indoor climate
– Software for calculation: LCAByg and ICEbear
– Development of interdisciplinary construction engineering solutions
The masterclass takes place in Aarhus and is held from 7 to 18 August 2023 (week 32/33) and is free for all participants.
The entry requirement is that you must be particularly motivated to develop sustainable construction. In addition, you must have passed at least the 3rd semester and be an active student in one of the following programs:
- VIA UC (Building Designer / ATCM) (4th-7th semester)
- Aarhus University (Engineering) (4th-9th semester)
- Aarhus School of Architecture (Architect) (4th-9th semester)
There is room for 14 students from each institution. The first-come, first-served principle applies.
Teaching will be primarily in Danish, with individual presentations in English. The students’ presentations can be in both Danish and English. Teaching will take place at VIA UC, Campus C, Aarhus University, and the Aarhus School of Architecture.
Sign up now. The deadline is 31 March 2023.
Participation in this masterclass is a unique opportunity to expand your professional network and obtain the latest new knowledge and sought-after skills such as preparation of environmental life cycle analyses, considerations of planetary boundaries, absolute sustainability, solutions for ambitious sustainability requirements, etc.