Join us for a series of mini-lectures on sustainable architecture every last Thursday of the month from 15-17.00 in the Didaktek.
The lectures hold a debating session where the lecturers, tutors, and audience rearrange themselves in a non-hierarchical setup, providing spatial and technical conditions for physical and digital participation. A volunteered group of students organize and chair the meeting.
The aim is to challenge rituals of knowledge exchange by transforming them into an inclusive and multifocal experience in which attendees become contributors.
The lectures present guests from all over the world with different approaches to sustainable architecture. Their work engages with sustainable development challenges, climate activism, finite resources, ecology, contextual design, non-anthropocentric paradigms, or social equality and inclusivity.
Following meetings have been made in contribution of:
- Talk 1. REBEL: Santiago Cirugeda (ES)
- Talk 2. RETHINK: ROTOR (BE)
- Talk 3. BOTTOM (UP): Helena Sandman (FI)
- Talk 4. ESSENTIAL: Material Cultures (UK)
- Talk 5. ROOTS: Footprints EARTH – Yatin Pandya (IN)
- Talk 6. INGRAINED: John Lin – RUF (HK)
Announcing the last event of the series is a matter of pride:
- Talk 9. COLLECTIVE: Riwaq (PS) / Dana Abbas – 19 May 2022
RADICAL TALKS will end with a celebrative gathering accompanied by coffee and snacks just after the meeting.
*Organized by Teaching Programme 3 & Research Lab 3: Radical Sustainable Architecture.