Quality is crucial to Aarhus School of Architecture. It is something every employee strives to achieve every single day, just as everyone looks forward and continuously develops educational programmes and research. Aarhus School of Architecture is characterised by its breadth of scope, capaciousness, and room for different opinions – both in its approach to architecture, in the creative process and professional discussions. To develop, learn, and try again – in all of the iterative processes that characterise the development of architecture.
The aim of our quality policy is to establish a common understanding of quality assurance through systematic knowledge acquisition, exchange of experience and documentation. This ensures that the way Aarhus School of Architecture works with quality is transparent.
Aarhus School of Architecture has formulated the following five quality ambitions to ensure and develop the quality of the school’s educational programmes from admission to graduation.
- Aarhus School of Architecture should admit the best qualified students – the most talented and motivated students
- Aarhus School of Architecture should offer a project-based education at an internationally high academic and professional level. This is ensured through direct contact with and continuous knowledge exchange across the teaching and research environments, and by emphasising the practice-oriented aspects of the education
- The way teaching and learning processes are organised should ensure there is room for critical reflection, for incorporating the latest knowledge, for academic and professional experiments, and for the progression of individual students – thus ensuring a high learning outcome. Students should also have close contacts to practice throughout their education
- Aarhus school of architecture should provide a physical and digital framework for teaching that supports a high learning outcom
- Practice should have a distinct influence on the skills profiles of graduates and contribute to ensuring students’ careers and the relevance of graduates to the labour market
Quality at Aarhus School of Architecture (pdf in Danish)